Friday 4 April 2014

Hello everyone! For my second post I would like to share a little something I had been meaning to put together for a while. It is not a papercraft creation, however I think it is too great not to share. On my trip to Florida last year I found a few perfect sand dollars on the beach. I was the only one out of a group of about 10 to find ones that were whole, and being only my second time along the ocean I thought they were pretty darn easy to find!! I was quite proud of myself I might add! So I wrapped a few up and brought them home in my luggage. All but one was crushed during my travels, so I decided I wanted to do something so I could keep it forever. So enough talking.... here is what I decided to do with it.......



 
Michaels had their shadow boxes on sale so I picked some up... along with some decorative sand.... and VOILÀ! I covered the backing of the shadow box in tacky glue and covered it in sand and let dry. Then I added my sand dollar using some household cement I found in my junk drawer.
 
After that I decided it needed something else so I used my silhouette portrait to cut my title out of vinyl and adhered it to the glass!!
 
Here are some close ups....


 
I am finding my silhouette to be handy for all sorts of things.... not just scrapbooking.
 
I am very happy with how this turned out and now just need to find a space on the wall to hang it.
 
:)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Job Girlie! That is a wonderful addition to your home décor! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job with this. I see talent runs in your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much to the two best ladies I know!!

    ReplyDelete